Dr. Williamson is a Professor in the Departments of Integrative Structural & Computational Biology and Chemistry, and is a member of the Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology at The Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, CA.
Dr. Williamson received his Ph.D. in Chemistry from Stanford University in 1988, and following postdoctoral work at the University of Colorado, he joined the faculty in the Chemistry Department at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1990, where he attained the rank of Associate Professor with tenure in 1997.
Dr. Williamson moved to TSRI in 1998 as Professor, and in 2001 he became the Associate Dean for the Chemistry Program. In 2008, he became Dean of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for the Kellogg School of Science and Technology at TSRI and in 2015 became the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Dr. Williamson’s research involves the study of RNA structure, RNA-protein interactions, and RNA-ligand interactions using biochemistry, biophysics, and structural biology approaches.
Complete List of Published Research | Curriculum Vitae
|SKILLS AND EXPERTISE||TOPICS|
|Mass Spectrometry||Structural Biology|
|Structural Biology||Protein Biochemistry|
|Nuclear Magnetic Resonance|
MEMBERSHIPS / ADVISORY BOARDS
- American Chemical Society
- RNA Society
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Scripps Translational Science Institute Governing Board
- International Council on Magnetic Resonance in Biological Systems
- BioMed Central Editorial Board
- Structure Advisory Board
- Biopolymers Advisory Board
- Chemistry & Biology Advisory Board
AWARDS / HONORS
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 2010
- Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award, 1995
- Alfred P. Sloan Fellow, 1995-97
- Rita Allen Scholar Award, 1994-1997
- Searle Scholar Award, 1991-94
- Pfizer-Laubach Career Development Professorship, 1991-94
- Postdoctoral Fellowship awarded by The Jane Coffin Childs Memorial Fund for Medical Research, 1988-1990
- Graduation with Honors in Chemistry and General Honors, 1981
- Alpha Lambda Delta Chemistry Honorary
- Outstanding Senior Chemistry Major, 1981
- Outstanding Junior Chemistry Major, 1980